Tuesday, February 16, 2010

THE CHEROKEES- Minnie The Moocher/I've Gone Wild

Here's another classic Aussie disc, this time from 1967 and courtesy of Melbourne's Cherokees.  The A-side is a slightly bizarre beat take on Cab Calloway's 'Minnie The Moocher' and I guess it works on it's own terms as a likeable piece of novelty that saw fair chart and radio action for the band.  
The CHEROKEES- Minnie The Moocher
But, as so often the case, the real dark meat is lurking on the B-side.  'I've Gone Wild' lives up to it's title; a brooding slab of prime freakbeat with uk mod-style vocals and an excellent psychedelic guitar effect- I'm afraid my copy is a little beat up, but you'll get the idea.
The CHEROKEES- I've Gone Wild

3 comments:

Cousin Creep said...

please keep posting

Christopher Fast said...

thanks Cousin Creep, it´s nice to know someone noticed I´ve been away. I´ll put a post up with explanation asap but suffice to say I´ll be back posting properly soon

Joe Whimster said...

Yaas min.

"I've Gone Wild" is ace.