Monday, February 8, 2010

BLACKTOP- Here I Am.../Searchin'

BLACKTOP- Here I Am...

After the demise of the phenomenal Gories, and before the Dirtbombs, Mick Collins joined forces with Fireworks frontman Darin Lin Wood to form Blacktop.  On the A side of the above 7" they cover one of my favourite obscuro Captain Beefheart songs 'Here I Am, I Always Am' and do a grand job on it.  The flip side, another cover, this time a Coasters tune is good too if a bit throw away.   
BLACKTOP- Searchin'

'Here I Am...' came out in '95 on legendary Australian record label Au-Go-Go, who also released a Blacktop long player Up All Night after Crypt turned the tracks down.  Au-Go-Go was run by Melbourne music kingpin Bruce Milne and I'll post a little more about Bruce shortly since I just bought a pile of his records (he's been raising funds to pay off debts after the sad closure of what was Melbourne's best venue the Tote).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Small Business owners are largely forgotten. Thats why I only focus on them. I have experience several members of my family file bankruptcy due to small business failures. I also I suffered through 2 destroyed businesses due to failure however, in my failings I have learned some of the secrets to success. (Who can say they know it all?)

www.onlineuniversalwork.com

Christopher Fast said...

We'll it's nice to have comment Kiramatali, but I'm not convinced you're much of a Blacktop fan...

Anonymous said...

I think you've got "Searchin" on both downloads.

Christopher Fast said...

oops, thanks should be ok now