Thursday, April 8, 2010

Record Hunting In Australia in Scotland and Vintage Violence nite club

Hello and best wishes from Scotland!
I haven't posted here recently as I've spent the last two months traveling New Zealand and South America on a slow journey home after a great few months living in Australia, finally landing in Edinburgh a couple of nights ago. To be honest I wasn't sure anyone would notice my abscence, but at least Cousin Creep has missed me (thanks for the comment!). 
I will definitley carry on this blog in some form, and I have a LOT more records that I hunted down in Australia to share; though unfortunately I sent them back sea mail so they're currently missing in action somewhere between here and Melbourne...  At some point I guess I'll move on to other records (I already grabbed a few gems from NZ and South America along the way) and I'll have to change the name of the blog, but until then I'll remain Record Hunting In Australia.  Hey it's my blog I guess I can call it what I want even if I'm about as far as you can bloody get from Australia.
In other news, I'll be deejaying at the fabulous Edinburgh nite club Vintage Violence on Friday 23 April, spinning a hot mix of garage rawk, bubblegum pop, new wave spazz, glitter stomp and whatnot.

6 comments:

Joe Whimster said...

Fit Lie?

Welcome back!

You hear that Lenny and his Thanes are doing a gig with The Poets soon? The Wildebeests also did a session on Mark Lamarrs Radio 2 show last week, still available on Listen Again.

Just got a copy of "Ever Loving Man" by Aussie rougues The Loved Ones. Brilliant!

Would love to get down for Vintage Violence but skint after Thailand/Cambodia. Keep us posted though, Aberdeen is sadly lacking in pretty much everything other than dreary indie and boring dance, so I'm willing to travel for a beaty fix.

Cheers

Joe

Christopher Fast said...

Thanks Joe, it's good to be back.
Mike (Thanes drummer) was telling me about that Poets thing, sounds like it's been a bit off and on, but if it happens I'll be there in a shot.
I agree about the Loved Ones, they're immense, all their singles are top, and Gerry Humphrys was a total legend in oz. There was some good youtube clips of them last time I checked.
Be great to see you down here- in fact I was going to ask you if you fancy deejaying at Vintage Violence some time? Wouldn't be much cash in it, but it'd be a good laugh and we could put you up, plus it's a crime your records aren't getting played out anywhere! Anyway send me a message if yer interested (chrismiller2030@hotmail.com)
cheers
Chris

Lenny Helsing said...

Hey Chris - man that's cool you guys puttin de Outsiders on the poster for the gnu Vintage Violence club night, well done...be great to see you next time i gert down to be out n about...yev prolly got loads o stories to tell about Ozzie beat psych hunting tryyyyps eh no...cheers Lenny

Christopher Fast said...

Cheers Lenny, that poster was all Anastaziya's work she's a big nederbeat fan. Defo give me a shout next time your about in Edinburgh, would be great to catch up, and I can tell you about excavating Los Shakers singles from South American flea markets! he he
Glad to see the Wildebeests are going great guns (or is that gnus?) and I hope you pull off that Poets gig,
all the best
chris

Anonymous said...

Hello!

Some new garage sound you may be interested in on youtube!

Willy Moon 'I Wanna Be Your Man'

Thanks!

tterrypu said...

Christopher
Did you ever find the Doug Ashdown "The Age Of Mouse" double LP?