Friday, January 15, 2010

JACK SCOTT- The Way I Walk/Midgie

Sticking with rock'n'roll/rockabilly here is another of my all time faves that I managed to score on 45 recently. Jack Scott (or Giovanni Dominico Scafone Jr to his mother) was one of the very best of the second devision rock'n'rollers; a position pretty well illustrated by his billing on this concert poster:
Like Bob Luman (the subject of my last post) Scott went on to have a long and varied career in pop, rock and country, but made his most exciting records in the 1950s. 'The Way I Walk' is probably his best known track thanks mainly to the Cramps, but he recorded a few other classics around the same time, 'I Never Felt Like This' being a personal favourite.
JACK SCOTT- The Way I Walk
JACK SCOTT- Midgie
Jack with his backing singers The Chantones

No comments: